Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day 4: Oreo Truffles

If you've never tasted an Oreo truffle, I advise you to print out this recipe and go get all of the ingredients to make them right away!  They are the most amazing way to enjoy Oreos on the face of this planet!  I'm not the biggest fan of plain Oreos because they are dry cookies that seem to crumble as soon as you put them to your mouth (I pray that I haven't offended too many people by that comment).  However, I just prefer a fluffy, moist cookie, so this truffle is perfect! 

Almost forgot to take a picture of these treats!  It's an awful picture, but they disappeared quickly!
I think that I first tasted these treats at a birthday party at my neighbor's house.  She called them chocolate balls and I was in love, but they are very rich, so I really did try to limit myself from eating all of them in one sitting.  It's hard to believe how easy these Oreo truffles are to make because they look so fancy and it really appears as if you've slaved in your kitchen to produce this perfectly decadent candy. 

There are many ways to enjoy Oreo truffles.  Some prefer to coat them in semi-sweet or dark chocolate (my preference), while others use melted white chocolate to coat the candy.  Some just drizzle white chocolate over the dark, some sprinkle Oreo crumbs, coconut or peppermint onto the outside of the candy.  It's totally up to you to make them your own, but I promise that a tray of these truffles will make you an instant hit at any party!  Enjoy!

Oreo Truffles

Ingredients:
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 package Oreo cookies (pulverized in the food processor and divided)
16 oz. semi-sweet or dark chocolate

Directions:

Mix cream cheese and 3 cups cookie crumbs until well blended.
Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. Dip in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.
Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator. 

 I'd love to see some of your favorite holiday recipes!  Please post them on Facebook or on this blog!  Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment